Do I ever think that words will last forever?
- Pass us another can it’s time to gargle
Or that a word, even Shakespeare’s words,
- Bloody Hell I had to pay excess on my ticket
will ever survive more than a few thousand years
- Who dropped that one, not me, it’s a corker
on paper, analogue, digital, a spoken human voice
- Don’t tell me to be quiet mate, you listen to me
because they’re temporal, of their time, flying, lost
- Just for t’pleasure I tell ya, talk to me, I’m sorry
like satellites heading to oblivion, a rocket zooming
- I’ve been out in five wars, matey, Afghanistan,
which seem important at the time, at their time of launch,
- Bloody idiot, there’s no need for that, pass me another, alright mate
and never decay but fly intact, soon buzzing far, far away.
- Psst, arhhh, slurp, gurgle, let’s ha another, I’m smashed, zzzzzzz.
You bet I do.